Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A easy, savory, and delicious side!
- 1 (5 lb) bagklondike goldust potatoes
- 8 ounces fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Wash, peel, and thinly slice potatoes.
- Boil on high until tender. Drain then set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Steam spinach on the stove or in the microwave until tender. Add spinach to the bowl of potatoes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil to medium-high heat. Add the garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes and sautée until garlic is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and pour over the potatoes and spinach. Mash with a hand masher until blended completely.