Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've had this recipe for years and only recently tried it. The consistency was great and prep was easy. I'm not a big fan of oysters as they gave it a strong pungent flavor-great for oyster fans, though. I have not tried it with minced clams yet, but I think it will be much tastier for my family.
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 59.14 ml chopped sweet red pepper
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml water
- 236.59-354.88 ml chopped fresh spinach
- 226.79 g jar processed cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 226.79 g can oysters, chopped, drained, rinsed (or minced clams equivelant)
- In a saucepan, cook onion and sweet pepper in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, garlic powder andpepper.
- Add water. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Stir in spinach and cheese. Cook and stir until well blended.
- Stir into cheese mixture, heat through.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips, french baguette bread slices, etc.