I made up this recipe, inspired by a pre-stuffed flank steak that I bought at Trader Joe's. I hope that it turns out as yummy for you as it did for me!
- Prehat oven to 325.
- Mix together in small bowl feta cheese, cooked spinach, diced red peppers, and milk.
- Fold flank steak strip into rounded steak, leaving a small hole in the middle.
- Stuff feta cheese mixture into hole in the middle of each steak. Hold steak in rounded position by placing toothpick in steak.
- Place steaks in roasting pan (without rack) and cover with foil.
- Bake in oven for 30-45 mins (depending on desired doneness), turning once, and removing cover with 10 mins left to cook.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, just before serving.
- NOTE: These can also be cooked on the grill: Grill over med heat for 10-15 mins per side.
Used fresh, wilted spinach instead of frozen, cut red peppers into thin strips instead of dicing. Otherwise followed exactly and my boyfriend loved it! Served with roasted red potatoes and polenta. Thanks for sharing!