1 hr 5 mins
A meatless lasagna that went over big with my family. Good for OAMC.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (26 ounce) jar red pasta sauce (I use Ragu)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (Pepper Jack cheese)
- 1Add the beans to a mixing bowl; mash with a potato masher until fairly smooth.
- 2Add in the pasta sauce, cumin, and garlic; stir to combine.
- 3In another mixing bowl, add the ricotta, spinach, eggs, and cilantro; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste; stir until just combined; Spread 1/3 of the bean mixture over the bottom of a 13x9 inch casserole dish (glass or ceramic).
- 4Lay 3 of the lasagna noodles side by side over the bean mixture.
- 5Spread half of the spinach mixture over the noodles.
- 6Sprinkle 1 cup cheese over the spinach.
- 7Lay 3 lasagna noodles over the cheese.
- 8Spread half of the remaining bean mixture over the noodles.
- 9Lay the last 3 lasagna noodles over the bean mixture.
- 10Spread the remaining bean mixture over the noodles.
- 11Cover the dish with foil and bake in a 375° oven for 40-45 minutes or until bubbling.
- 12Take dish from oven and remove foil.
- 13Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top, replace foil cover and let set for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach and Black Bean Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.3
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 686.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 24.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles