Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This delightful pasta dish is bursting with color and flavor.
Make and share this Spinach and Bacon Pasta Toss recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 3⁄4 cup kraft light done right zesty reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (6 ounce) bagfresh baby spinach leaves (4 cups)
- 1 cup kraft shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 slices oscar mayer crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- Cook noodles as directed on package. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Ass chicken; cook and stir 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through. Add tomatoes; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Stir noodles and reserved 1/2 cup cooking water. Remove from heat.
- Add spinach, 1/2 cup of the cheese and the bacon; toss lightly to combine. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
DH isnt real happy when I serve anything with chicken in it but he loved this dish! I cooked the chicken in chicken broth the night before and cubed it before putting it in the fridge. Used grape tomatoes and Italian Blend shredded cheese instead of cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. This is so easy to put together and the flavors are amazing!
THIS was AWESOME ! What a great recipe...I used brown rice pasta instead of semolina-based, and I did not have any cherry tomatoes, so I threw in some sun-dried tomatoes I had on hand (the dried ones, not the ones packed in oil). Great flavor - almost like an Asian flavor. I like the fact that this recipe has healthy ingredients and was so easy to make. The Italian dressing really added a lot to the mix here - never would have thought that one up on my own! DH was greatly impressed with my culinary choice on this one. Thanks for posting - made for Spring PAC 2012.