Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a recipe from Tasting Table, similar to a chicken tandoori. Marinate them all day or overnight, cook on a grill, grill pan, or under the broiler. They are not overly spicy, as the yogurt tempers the harissa.
- 3⁄4 cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 2 -3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Whisk all the ingredients except the chicken together to combine thoroughly. Add to the cubed chicken in a ziploc bag, seal, and knead the bag to coat the pieces of chicken. Refrigerate 8 hours.
- To cook, remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and thread them onto soaked skewers. Cook the skewers on a grill pan, grill, or under a broiler on medium-high heat until browned and grill-marked, about 4 to 5 minutes each side, cooking in batches if necessary.
- Before serving, sprinkle with more salt, some minced chives, and serve with extra lemon wedges.