Recipe by under12parsecs
A spin-off of my White Chocolate-Blueberry Brownies with Almonds. This brownie leaves you with that particular lingering heat you can only get from cayenne! For a tropical island twist, these are also very good if you substitute a small can of crushed pineapple or 1 diced ripe banana for the berries and use coconut or macadamia nuts instead of the walnuts.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon candied ginger, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spiced rum or 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (sometimes I leave them out or swap for another nut ( pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries, not defrosted
Directions See How It's Made
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter 8-inch non-stick square baking pan.
- 2 Stir 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips (I use ghiradelli premium white chocolate baking chips) in large heat-safe glass bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth, or use a microwave in 30 second increments. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 3 Stir flour, spices and salt in small bowl to blend. Set aside. Using electric mixer beat sugar and butter in large bowl to blend. Mix in eggs, vanilla and rum. Mix in melted white chocolate. Stir in flour mixture just until blended being careful not to overmix. Fold in white chocolate chips and nuts. Gently fold in blueberries just until distributed evenly. Transfer batter to greased pan, spreading evenly.
- 4 Bake until top is golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 40 minutes if using fresh berries or 45 minutes if using frozen berries. Cool in pan.
- 5 Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
- Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/white-chocolate-blueberry-brownies-with-almonds-449041#ixzz1EM6RoIM0.