Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From browniepointsblog.com. Use garlic whistles (known as garlic scapes in UK)as you would use garlic cloves.
- 4 slice whole wheat bread or 4 slice multi-grain bread
- loose leaf lettuce, mixed greens (-rinsed and dried well) (optional) or baby spinach leaves (-rinsed and dried well) (optional)
- 170.09 g can canned tuna, drained (I like Trader Joe's brand tuna)
- 29.58-44.37 ml mayonnaise
- 2.46-4.92 ml red chili paste with garlic (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 29.58 ml garlic scapes, sliced thinly (garlic whistles)
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- cracked pepper
- In small bowl combine the tuna filling ingredients.
- Spread a little bit of mayonnaise on the bread slices then slather with the tuna mixture. Add the greens if you wish.
- Serve with fresh seasonal fruit and iced tea!
I actually used pickled scapes (Pickled Garlic Scapes or Garlic Whistles) instead of fresh since they're not in season right now but otherwise followed the recipe as directed (well, and I used Szechuan chili sauce rather than the chili paste with garlic as it was what I had on hand). Delicious and different tuna salad. Thanks CG!