1/6 Photos of Spicy Tomato & Bacon Soup
Peter J's Note:
Original recipe that I thought tasted great, it is quite spicy so reduce or omit chilli flakes and/or pepper for a mild result. Can of course be scaled up easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 slice bacon
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, torn apart
- 6 basil leaves, torn apart
- 2 cups water
- 1 slice bread
- 1Remove rind from bacon and tear into bite sized pieces.
- 2Place bacon, oil, garlic, and onion flakes into medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until bacon is browned and cooked through.
- 3Add all remaining ingredients apart from bread and slowly bring to boil over medium temperature (will take around 10 minutes).
- 4Reduce temperature to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile toast bread and cut into small squares as croutons.
- 6Serve soup in bowl with croutons sprinled over the top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Tomato & Bacon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 181.2
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 8.0 mg
- Sodium 1115.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: