Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Deliciously spicy and good! You can serve this with noodles to make noodle bowls.
Make and share this Spicy Tofu and Coconut Curry Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red curry paste (e.g., World Foods thai red curry paste)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegan broth (e.g. Better Than Bullion chicken substitute)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 (14 ounce) packagewater packed soft tofu, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 large jalapeno, diced
- In stock pot.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- When onion is tender add: mushrooms, carrots, jalapeno.
- Saute further until mushrooms were soft.
- Add remaining ingredients except cilantro.
- Cook until carrots were softened.
- Add cilantro.
A very tasty Thai-flavored soup. Light and delicious, and I loved the amount of veggies. I used shitake mushrooms and extra firm tofu, and served over rice noodles.