Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I had some chicken I needed to use and here's the result.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons penzey taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Brown chicken in olive oil and add to crock pot.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Cook on High for 3-4 hours.
- Shred chicken and give everyting a stir.
- Serve in bowl over rice, sprinkled with cilantro.
This is great, I love the blend of spices in your recipe. I drained the corn and rinsed the black beans before adding them to the chicken. I'm not sure if I needed to but I did not want the final product to be watery. I made this for *Fall PAC 2007 game*
This recipe is very easy to do. However, I think 2 Tablespoons of chili is too much and it overwhelmed the entire dish. I would maybe 2 teaspoons only of chili.