Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Tender shrimp and colorful vegetables with a tangy-sweet taste, and just a hint of heat make for a fast and delicious dinner any night of the week. Serve over Asian noodles or steaming rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunk, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- scallion, sliced (Garnish)
- 1In a zip-lock plastic bag combine together the first six (6) ingredients; add the shrimp and let marinate in the refrigerator for several hours. Turn the bag over several times.
- 2Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the next four (4) ingredients and season with salt. Stir-fry for 2 - 3 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- 3Using the same skillet, heat the remaining oil. Drain shrimp and discard marinade; add to the skillet. Stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes, until shrimp are pink and firm. Remove from skillet.
- 4Stir in the tomato sauce, chili sauce, and soy sauce; cook over medium heat for 3 - 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 5Add shrimp, vegetables, and pineapple back to skillet and cook for another minute, or until the shrimp are glazed with sauce.
- 6Serve over steamed rice or Asian noodles; garnish with scallions.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy-Sweet Shrimp & Flavorful Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.3
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 173.6 mg
- Sodium 3091.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce