Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another fun twist on hummus. I can see this being a hit around Thanksgiving.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & cubed & cooked (just boiled and drained is fine)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce (or your favorite hot sauce, to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 serrano pepper, minced (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients besides serrano pepper & parsley in a food processor.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Scoop hummus into serving bowl. At this point it's good to serve, or you can sprinkle with serrano peppers and parsley.