Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty as an appetizer or served over rice with baby bok choy and sprinkled with sesame seeds and green onion tops.
- 1⁄2 cup water (or stock)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (more if you like a lot of heat)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, fresh grated
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey (beef, pork or combination)
- 5 tablespoons green onions, diced (including whites)
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh grated
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon green onion, diced
- Whisk together sauce ingredients in a small saucepan to boil or medium high. Simmer on low and simmer until reduced and thickened.
- Combine the meatball ingredients. Shape into 1 - 2" meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil and meatballs. Cook about 6 minutes, turning to brown all sides.
- Reduce heat to medium and pour sauce over meatballs.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes more or until a meatball cut in half is fully cooked and the sauce coats the meatballs.
- Serve as an appetizer or over rice with baby bok choy. Either way sprinkle with sesame seeds and reserved green onion.