Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you love spicy food and you like okra, this is the dish for you. I made this for my first time, and as a side dish for our "Seafood Sunday" recently, to go along with grilled shrimp and salmon. My bf says okra makes him gag, but he had 2 servings of this stuff. The only complaint was that there wasn't enough for our 3rd helpings. Hope you enjoy.
- Brown bacon in large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion, bellpepper, and smashed garlic. Saute until onions become translucent.
- Stir in okra pieces, both cans of undrained Rotel, salt, and pepper (to your liking) until well incorporated.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 15-20 mins or until liquid has mostly evaporated.
- Tip: Do not over stir as soft okra will break apart and create mush.