Recipe by School Chef
My niece's take on spinach bars. Great little appetizer. Easy to through together. she spices up her recipe with hot pepper cheese. These freeze well and can be made ahead and heated up at service time.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes spinach, chopped, thawed and drained (20 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded jalapeno pepper cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in 9x13 pan while oven preheats.
- In large bowl whisk together egg,milk, flour, and seasonings til well blended.
- Add spinach and cheese, stir to blend in all ingredients.
- Coat pan well with the melted butter by tipping pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until firm and golden.
- Cut into bars and serve warm.