Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
The wonderful taste of lasagna in less than half the time and in a single dish! Can you get any better than that? It works well with either no boil noodles or cooked noodles, and I usually use white shredded cheeses (mozzarella and 6-cheese italian mixes) instead of ricotta.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 (9 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Cook ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until brown and crumbly (~5 minutes).
- Add half the spaghetti sauce and stir well.
- Pour diced tomatoes evenly over ground beef.
- Combine ricotta and egg in a bowl and spread evenly over tomatoes.
- Top with a layer of lasagna noodles.
- Layer with the remaining sauce, then more noodles.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook, covered about 10 minutes until noodles are tender.
- Top with mozzarella and cook, covered, for 2-5 more minutes.