Recipe by Morti
Spaghetti squash is the only squash I will eat since it's not slimy. I love spicy shrimp and garlic. It is a make to your taste kind of recipe, so adjust to your own tastes. Measurements aren't exact and you'll want to adjust if you don't like as much garlic or spiciness as we do. This is great as leftovers and reheats well in the microwave without the shrimp. Any type of soft Italian bread complements this dish well. You could sub angel hair pasta if you like, but the spaghetti squash keep it lower in carbs.
Top Review by tiffany611
Excellent! There is a ton of flavor in this dish. My husband normally will not eat squash and he loved it. To make prep easier, I cooked the squash in the microwave. We made a last minute trip to the store to get the herb feta. Don't skimp on this ingredient - it's the perfect compliment to the spice and relative blandness of the squash and shrimp. I cut the butter by 1/3 and used ground cayenne pepper instead of flakes.
- 1 large spaghetti squash, prepared and kept warm
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chopped romano tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fresh garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese with garlic and herbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and butter on medium heat and add garlic until soft.
- Add wine, red pepper flakes, juice of lemon, salt to taste and simmer until bubbly.
- Add shrimp and basil. Cook until shrimp is almost pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and simmer until tomatoes are warm
- remove from heat and spoon over spaghetti squash and sprinkle generously with feta cheese.