Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
Shark lovers need to try this Indian Shark Curry rightaway!!
- 1⁄2 kg shark
- 3 large onions, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 5 green chilies, washed,ends trimmed and finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4 stalks of fresh curry leaves, washed and torn
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped,to garnish
- 1 cup oil
- Boil water in a large pot on high flame.
- Once the water has boiled, put the shark fish in it.
- Cover the pot with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Now, remove the skin of the shark and wash the shark well to make sure its clean.
- Apply salt and turmeric powder to the clean shark.
- Mash the shark as well as you can now.
- Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Stir-fry until the raw smell of both is gone.
- Toss in the onions now.
- Stir-fry until they turn brown.
- Add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Lower flame and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, red chilli and black pepper powders, followed by salt, mixing well as you do so.
- Now add the mashed shark to this mixture.
- Mix well and allow it to cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from flame.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.
- Serve with steamed rice and a fish curry by the side.