Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
These potatoes are a treat! I like them with chicken or burgers. Substitute peeled sweet Potatoes and follow the same recipe. I use my baking stone (covered with a piece of parchment paper). It seems to give a special crunch to the potatoes I say it serves 4 but if you love potatoes it may only serve 2
- 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed,cut lengthwise into eighths
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I like lite Olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (or more)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Pre heat the oven to 400F Place cut potatoes in a bowl or plastic bag Drizzle with the oil Mix together the sesame seeds, cayenne, paprika and fennel seeds Sprinkle over the potatoes and toss coating evenly.
- Place wedges on a baking sheet bake for 20 minutes, turn and continue baking for 20 more minutes (check after 30 cooking time will vary due to different sized wedges) Sprinkle with salt& Serve.
I really like sesame seeds. I keep a jar of toasted seeds in my fridge at all times. So, needless to say, I liked this. I did eliminate the fennel as I'm not fussy on them but did add a load of garlic to take its place. Another winner Bergy.
Excellent spuds bergy!!! We ate these with our roast pork, and they were a treat. The coating is simple to make, fragrant with the crushed fennel seeds, and spicy enough (I increased the cayenne to 1/2 teaspoon). I liked the fact too that most of the coating stuck to the potatoes and stayed there-they were beautiflly crunchy!
Excellent, DH loved it. My 4 year old thought it was too hot. Thanks!!