Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A wonderful shrimp scampi that I enjoyed while on a cruise ship! Delicious served with a side of your favorite rice
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 3 teaspoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 fresh red pepper, diced
- 1 fresh green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chili peppers
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 whole lemons
- 4 teaspoons fresh cilantro, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper, as required
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Add garlic, chili, peppers and finely chopped tomatoes. Saute quickly and add the shrimce and until it turns a nice pink color. Add the cilantro and lemon juice. Add parley last and serve.
- If you like the sauce creamy, remove shrimp from pan and add the heavy cream. Reduce slowly on a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite rice.
Excellent recipe but a bit more guidance from the poster would may be helpful.
1. Lightly brown the chopped garlic and let sit with the heat off to infuse the oil.
2 Reheat and add peppers. Saute to soften.
3. Add tomatoes and cook until juices are released than add lemon juice.
4. Stir in shrimp, salt and pepper to taste. Add cilantro.
I didn't add the parsley or cream but either one could be good additions if desired. Served mixed with angel hair pasta and crunchy bread with a bit of butter and garlic.
Overall this is a terrific recipe. I used a couple jalapeno peppers which added a fine layer of heat without overwhelming the palette. YMMV depending on your taste. I WILL make this again with the cream. The colors held because of the short cooking times.
Overall a great special dinner, Keep in mind there is a lot of chopping and dicing involved in the prep time. Other than that it's a fast dinner dish with a lot of great textures.
Thanks for the recipe. LOVED the lemon flavor and so will guests as it's very unexpected but certainly brings out the flavor of the other ingredients.
10-Star recipe alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was so good. Kind of reminds me of Greek shrimp with lemon and feta which I adore. This was practically inhaled! Thanks so much for posting!!!
This was incredible! Soooo good. I added a small box of crema at the end. Have enough left for another meal. I am going to add a little white wine and serve over pasta. Really great dish. Thanks for sharing.