Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was so happy to find such an interesting recipe containing so many items that make them absolutely delicious!! We are making these super-luxiurous cheeseburgers for Memorial Day but instead of making them regular size we are making them bite-size. F&W Magazine, 06/2006 Recipe by Grace Parisi. From Speedy Rubs, Pastes, & Sauces. About the paste, Grace Parisi likes to work a little paste into ground meats, steaks or chops - it adds an incredible flavor! Also use lightly on tofu, shrimp and chicken before grilling.;)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (brisket is what we used)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces brie cheese, rind removed, cheese cut into 4 slices
- vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- tomatoes, slices and
- lettuce, for serving
1/4 CUP SPICY SCALLION PASTE
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 hot chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- MAKE THE SCALLION PASTE:.
- In a small bowl, combine the scallions with the garlic, chile, lemon zest and cayenne, mashing slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Stir in the olive oil and the salt.
- *Can be made & refrigerated up to 2 days ahead.
- MAKE THE BURGERS:.
- Light grill.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper and form into eight 4-inch patties that are slightly thicker in the center.
- Top 4 of the patties with a slice of Brie and a scant tablespoon of the scallion paste.
- Top with the 4 remaining patties, pinching the edges to seal.
- Brush the burgers with oil and grill over high heat, turning once or twice, about 8 minutes for medium-rare meat.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise with the remaining scallion paste.
- Grill the buns until toasted.
- Spread the mayonnaise on the bottoms of the buns and top with the burgers, tomatoes,& lettuce.
- Close the burgers and serve.
- Serve with other acroutements that may go with burgers!