Recipe by Ladylauren
Another one found in Australia's Super Food Ideas. Nice cheap recipe. But still tastes great. Kids came back for more! Was a great meal in the middle of summer, I would make it in the morning before it got to hot then would just reheat it later on when DH got home from work.
Top Review by FalaRedwing
Very good! I substituted green onion for brown and didn't have any peppers, but I added a couple of medium-sized potatoes and it came out beautifully! It took an extra 15 minutes to cook, but the potato soaks up a good bit of liquid and helps make it more of a quiche than a custard. This is going in the recipe files!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, Chopped
- 2 chorizo sausages, Roughly Chopped
- 1 red capsicum, Diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- salt and pepper, To Taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Grease a round oven proof quiche dish.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat.
- Add Onion, Sausage and Capsicum, cook stirring for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Set aside to cool.
- Whish eggs, milk and flour together. Add Sausage mixture and cheese.
- Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into quiche dish.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until set in centre.
- Stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a nice green salad.