My Private Note
big pat ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- black pepper
- 3/4 lb hot Italian sausage
- 3/4 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese
- 1/8 lb pancetta, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite-diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 475°.
- 2Heat a small skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil; when oil is hot, add the bell pepper, half the onion, celery, and carrots; stir/saute 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper, then remove to a plate to cool.
- 3In a bowl, combine the sausage and ground beef with the egg, bread crumbs, cheese, and cooled sauteed vegetables; mix well.
- 4Form 4 large oval-shaped patties no more than 1 ¼ inches thick; arrange patties on a cookie sheet.
- 5Drizzle patties with a little olive oil; bake 17-18 minutes, until cooked through.
- 6Heat a saucepan over med-high heat; add a drizzle of olive oil, and then add the pancetta.
- 7Let the pancetta crisp up a bit and render its fat, then add the remaining chopped onion and the garlic; cook 8-10 minutes, until tender.
- 8Stir in the beef stock and tomatoes; season the sauce heavily with ground black pepper.
- 9Add in the Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce; decrease heat to low.
- 10Serve meatloaf patties topped with the Italian barbecue sauce and a green salad alongside, if desired.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Sausage Meatloaf Patties With Italian Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2076 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.7
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 172.6 mg
- Sodium 2119.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 50.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: