Recipe by bemocked
Spicy pumpkin bundt cake with a small lick of ginger, light fluffy texture - based on a Martha Stewart recipe
- 4 cups cake flour, plus more for dusting (not self-rising)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 14-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray. Dust with flour, and tap out excess.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
- Beat butter and brown sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, on medium speed until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl. Reduce speed to low. Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk. Beat until just combined. Add pumpkin puree, and beat until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake cake until golden and a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Carefully turn cake onto rack too cool completely. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.