1/1 Photo of Spicy Peanut Chicken Wings
These spicy Chinese-inspired wings came from a cookbook called, "Blue Corn and Chocolate". The flavor is best when the wings are slightly warm or at room temperature. I also use this sauce to make a great main dish using chicken breasts! Chef note: Try lining pan with parchment paper. It is great for cakes and cookies, but fabulous for oven fries and chicken wings etc. Nothing sticks to it and makes cleanup so much easier.”
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop tips off the chicken wings; discard.
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3Line a baking pan with foil (this will save clean-up later).
- 4Place the chicken wings in a single layer on the tray; salt and pepper them lightly.
- 5Bake the wings for about 30 minutes until they are just beginning to brown and get crisp.
- 6While the wings are baking, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and the hot peppers in a small saucepan.
- 7Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring until well blended and spreadable.
- 8Spoon or brush the peanut sauce generously over the wings.
- 9Return the wings to the oven for 10- 15 minutes until the sauce is set.
- 10(Do not allow the sauce to burn.) Remove the wings from the oven and sprinkle immediately with the chopped peanuts and cilantro.
- 11Let cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Peanut Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.2
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 859.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 49.1 g