Recipe by Texaspollock
I modified this recipe from "Chili Pepper" magazine January 2008. This was originally a topping for Creole Cream Cheese but I have used it for an ice cream topping and it is SUPERB!! You can also add a cobbler crust on top and make a great peach cobbler with a "KICK"!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen peaches
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine the peaches, sugar, water, ginger, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring often for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until peaches are tender and syrup is thick.
- If you like a thicker sauce, mix the cornstarch with 2 tsp water and stir into peaches.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Let stand for 15 minutes and serve over vanilla ice cream.
- (thicken the sauce a bit more to make the filling for spicy peach cobbler and top with your favorite cobbler crust).