1/1 Photo of Spicy Orange Lime and Cumin Roast Chicken Thighs
This is a variation of a recipe I learned from http://TheFrugalChef.com. You can do the chicken with skin on or off - up to you. Or mix with drumsticks or whatever you have. I use extra garlic and chilli flakes but use less if you prefer. You could use the juice from an orange or just use ready-prepared orange juice if you are lazy like me. When I say Turkish pepper, I mean the longer skinnier type, about the size of a regular carrot. I have lots of Turkish grocery stores in my neighbourhood and they sell all kinds of peppers. Any of them will do - some are a bit sweet and others a bit spicy, but you don't want the firey type. The chicken will give off some of its own fat and mix with the lime and orange juice. This is nice to pour over some baby potatoes on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven at 375 degrees.
- 2Put the chicken in a baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, ground cumin and chilli flakes.
- 4Chop all of the scallions, green parts and white, the whole thing.
- 5Cover the chicken with the chopped garlic, scallions and pepper.
- 6Squeeze the juice of the lime all over the chicken then pour the orange juice on too.
- 7Cook at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring it up a bit part way through if needed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Orange Lime and Cumin Roast Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.8
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 236.8 mg
- Sodium 231.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 49.8 g