Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a variation of a recipe I learned from http://TheFrugalChef.com. You can do the chicken with skin on or off - up to you. Or mix with drumsticks or whatever you have. I use extra garlic and chilli flakes but use less if you prefer. You could use the juice from an orange or just use ready-prepared orange juice if you are lazy like me. When I say Turkish pepper, I mean the longer skinnier type, about the size of a regular carrot. I have lots of Turkish grocery stores in my neighbourhood and they sell all kinds of peppers. Any of them will do - some are a bit sweet and others a bit spicy, but you don't want the firey type. The chicken will give off some of its own fat and mix with the lime and orange juice. This is nice to pour over some baby potatoes on the side.
- 12 chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 turkish pepper, chopped
- 1 lime
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- Heat the oven at 375 degrees.
- Put the chicken in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, ground cumin and chilli flakes.
- Chop all of the scallions, green parts and white, the whole thing.
- Cover the chicken with the chopped garlic, scallions and pepper.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime all over the chicken then pour the orange juice on too.
- Cook at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring it up a bit part way through if needed.