Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from TOH. This could also be used as a OAMC recipe.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans hot chili beans
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes taco seasoning
- 2 (13 ounce) packagesspicy nacho tortilla chips
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a dutch oven or large kettle, cook the beef, onions and green peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans, corn, tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30min (mixture will be thin).
- In each of the 13x9 baking dishes, layer 5 cups of chips and 4-2/3 cups of meat mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Top each with 4 cups of chips and 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.