Recipe by BurtonFanatic
This high-protein, easy-to-make stew bursts with flavor and antioxidants. 431 Calories, 31 grams of protein, 45 Carbs, 15g of fat, 2g saturated fat, 7g fiber. From USA Weekend.
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups canned chopped no-salt-added whole tomatoes
- 2 cups canned chick-peas, rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, halved
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 lemon, seeded, cut into 4 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, combine 2 tsp cinnamon, cumin and coriander, plus cayenne pepper and salt. Dredge chicken in spices.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; sauté until browned, turning once. Remove chicken.
- Add onion to skillet, sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and broth; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and the chicken. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Serve in bowls with whole-wheat pitas.