Recipe by sUpRiYa
LOW CAL!!!My mom just made this recipe & i made the mustard dip.. it tasted great with the dip!it isn't very crispy..but it tastes wonderful!You can have it with coriander or mint chutney too!We do not hav a waffle maker so we used our Sandwich toaster.Recipe is from Tarla Dalal's 'Low Calorie Healthy cooking'
Top Review by Goldcrest
These look so exciting. I can't wait to try them. I'm going to buy the ingredients tomorrow, since I'm at college and don't have a blender, I'm going to have to buy mung dal flour. Could you please post the mustard dip? Since I can't make chutney here, I'd love to try it?
- 1 cup mung dal, with skin
- 2 -3 chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 2 teaspoons gram flour (besan)
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 pinches sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the moong dal in water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Then wash it well Blend the soaked dal in a blender with the green chillies and a little water.
- Add the fenugreek leaves,gram flour,asafoetida,soda bi-carb,sugar,oil,salt and mix well.
- Pour a little batter at a time in a waffle iron or sandwich toaster and bake until crisp.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- If you are using the sandwich toaster spread a little oil on the toaster before pouring the mixture.
- Serve hot with mustard dip or green chutney.