Recipe by LMillerRN
Wrapped in fun paper, these make great holiday gifts. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 (10 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl until blended. Divide cheese mixture into 2 equal portions; shape each portion into an 8-inch log.
- Combine walnuts and parsley. Roll cheese logs evenly in walnut mixture; cover and chill 8 hours.
- To make ahead, wrap each log in heavy-duty plastic wrap, and freeze. Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Port Wine Cheese Logs: Substitute 1 (8-ounce) wedge or block Cheddar cheese with port wine for Monterey Jack cheese with peppers. Proceed with recipe as directed. Port wine Cheddar cheese can be found in the deli section of your grocery store.