Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A taste experience! The Indian spices blended with the yoghurt and marinaded for as long as possible makes this chicken unbelievably tasty and like nothing else you have ever tried
- 4 -6 chicken thighs, boned and skinned
- 1 onion, small, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 300 ml light yoghurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- Place onion, garlic, ginger, coriander, yoghurt and all the spices together until smooth. Place boned chicken thighs in a dish. Pour over the marinade, turn the chicken over to make sure that it is coated all over, cover and leave in the fridge overnight, if possible.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or frying pan, take meat from marinade (reserve marinade) and seal both sides.
- Add all the marinade, and simmer slowly for about 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally - to begin with the marinade looks watery and not that great! After a while it slowly thickens (as the meat cooks) into thick gravy that is spooned over the top of the chicken when served.
- Serve with salads, spiced rice or my Gujarati Potatoes.Recipe #176179.
- N.B If less heat is required, cut down on the chili powder to 1/4 teaspoon.