1/1 Photo of Spicy Mogul Chicken
A taste experience! The Indian spices blended with the yoghurt and marinaded for as long as possible makes this chicken unbelievably tasty and like nothing else you have ever tried
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place onion, garlic, ginger, coriander, yoghurt and all the spices together until smooth. Place boned chicken thighs in a dish. Pour over the marinade, turn the chicken over to make sure that it is coated all over, cover and leave in the fridge overnight, if possible.
- 2Heat the oil in a skillet or frying pan, take meat from marinade (reserve marinade) and seal both sides.
- 3Add all the marinade, and simmer slowly for about 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally - to begin with the marinade looks watery and not that great! After a while it slowly thickens (as the meat cooks) into thick gravy that is spooned over the top of the chicken when served.
- 4Serve with salads, spiced rice or my Gujarati Potatoes.Gujarati Potatoes.
- 5N.B If less heat is required, cut down on the chili powder to 1/4 teaspoon.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Mogul Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.4
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Sodium 401.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 19.2 g