1/1 Photo of Spicy Mocha
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the milk, chilies and cinnamon sticks in a heavy large saucepan.
- 2Bring to a simmer over high heat. Remove from heat, cover and steep for 15 minutes.
- 3Whisk in the espresso, sugar and 1 cup of the cocoa powder.
- 4Bring the hot chocolate to a simmer, whisking often.
- 5Discard the chilies and cinnamon sticks.
- 6Meanwhile, whisk the powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa powder in a large bowl to blend.
- 7Add the cream and whisk until the mixture is thick.
- 8Ladle the hot chocolate into 8 mugs. Spoon the whipped cream on top and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Mocha
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.9
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 83.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 53.3 g
- Protein 8.1 g