Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a quick and easy to prepare tasty recipe for slow cooking any meat in a covered dish in the oven. If you choose a bulky meat like ribs you may need to increase the quantity of marinade.
- 1360.77 g chicken pieces or 1360.77 g ribs or 1360.77 g beef steaks or 1360.77 g boned shin beef
- 236.59 ml tomato sauce
- 236.59 ml water
- 88.74 ml light soy sauce
- 9.85 ml honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 9.85 ml gingerroot, grated
- 19.71 ml cornflour
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- Trim meat and cut into serving sized pieces. Place in a dish that can be covered well. No pre-browning needed.
- Combine all other ingredients and pour over the meat ensuring it is fully covered with sauce.
- Cover dish and place in an oven heated to 150 degrees Celcius (300 F) for about 3 hours if you have chosen a tough meat that needs tenderising. A shorter cooking time could be used for chicken.
- Cook until meat is tender. Thicken if desired with cornflour made into a paste with water. Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
- Serve with oven roast vegetables or baked potatoes and salad.