Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is a very yummy pasta dish that my husband requests quite often!
- 453.59 g linguine or 453.59 g spaghetti or 453.59 g thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 453.59 g flank steak, cut into very thin strips
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 236.59 ml hot water
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 946.36-1182.95 ml broccoli florets
- 473.18 ml low-sodium tomato sauce
- 15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml hot red pepper flakes
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, stir together marinade ingredients in a large, shallow dish.
- Add beef strips to the marinade.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in 1 cup hot water.
- In a large skillet, warm the oil over high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Drain the beef thoroughly, reserving the marinade.
- Add beef to skillet and saute until nicely browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove beef with a slotted spoon.
- Reduce heat under skillet to medium and add broccoli and marinade.
- Saute until broccoli is tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, dissolved bouillon and flank steak to skillet.
- When pasta is done, drain it well and transfer to serving dish.
- Spoon steak sauce over top and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Good recipe... ends up more like a Lo Mein. Definitely a different taste and not too spicy. The spices are just right. I also doubled the beef and the marinade. Thank you:-)
This was a tasty meal. I doubled the beef, broccoli, vinegar, brown sugar and garlic, but left the amounts of pasta and all remaining ingredients the same. I think everything was perfectly proportioned that way (would have been way too much pasta in ratio to beef and broccoli otherwise....JMO). I marinated the beef for 12 hours...mmmm...nice and tender. I added some sliced onion. I like that this meal uses linguini rather than the Asian-inspired beef and broccoli recipes that use rice. I'll make this yummy, quick and easy meal again. Thanx! (I had no cherry tomatoes for garnish...sorry.)