Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe came from a friend (apparently from a slimmers recipe book). Its a fantastic side dish at BBQ's and get togethers or simply for your everyday meal.
- 400 g lamb fillets
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup of diced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup chopped spring onion (shallots)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 lemon, juice of (only)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mango chutney
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mint (to garnish) (optional)
- Rub the lamb in the curry powder covering completely.
- Cook lamb in oil for approx 3 minutes on either side.
- Set lamb aside to cool.
- Boil water, add couscous, remove from heat, cover and stand for 2 minutes.
- Stir and let stand for a further 3 minutes.
- When cool transfer to bowl and add cucumber, spring onions and mint.
- Thinly slice cooled lamb and add to bowl.
- In a seperate bowl mix lemon juice, mango chutney and oil.
- Pour over couscous and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh mint.