Indian side dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 medium kohlrabi, with greens, washed, about 2 lbs. (1 kg)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 serrano peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed carom seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2-2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (to garnish)
- 1Peel, dice kohlrabi into 1/2 inch (1 cm) pieces. Shred/mince greens.
- 2Heat oil over medium high. Add bay leaves, sauté 15 - 20 seconds, remove.
- 3Stir in garlic, peppers, carom seeds, coriander, peppercorns, turmeric. Add greens.
- 4Cook, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes. Add diced kohlrabi, stir occasionally, 2-3 minutes. Add water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 5Cover, boil about 5 minutes. Reduce heat, simmer, stirring occasionally, until tender, 35-40 minutes. Uncover.
- 6Add lemon juice, cook until most liquid evaporates and dish is almost dry, about 5 minutes. Transfer to serving dish. Garnish with Garam Masala.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Kohlrabi
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.2
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: