Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
And now for something completely different! Trying to dress up Kielbasa I just kept adding stuff until it turned out yummy! Being a spice lover and looking for an easy mid-week fix that wasn't bland this worked out wonderfully! This is so rich & creamy it's perfect on a cold evening, so easy, so different, so yummy! I hope you enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs kielbasa (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 (1 lb) box bow tie pasta (or whatever floats your boat)
- 1 (16 ounce) jarprego pasta sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) packet crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup sour cream
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- The packet of crushed red pepper I used was from Pizza Hut, it was available & easy so I just added that. You can substitute about 1 tbsp crushed red pepper if you don't have one laying around --
- Prepare pasta according to package directions & drain. While pasta is cooking, heat butter & olive oil, add Kielbasa, crushed pepper & red bell pepper, sautee' until kielbasa is browned.
- In pasta pot add drained pasta, kielbasa mixture, pasta sauce & sour cream. Heat through, serve & top with parmesan to taste. You can omit the parmesan if you like, it's still very tasty!
I really liked this. It was not only quick to put together but really tasty. I added a diced onion along with the bell pepper. I used rigatoni pasta. This made a lot of pasta!
This was such an easy and tasty dish to make! I added about 1 cup of raw onion and cooked it along with the peppers and meat. I didn't see the comment about adding peas until after I had it done but it sounds like a great addition. Thanks for posting!
I doubled the recipe and used one jar of roasted garlic alfredo sauce and 16 oz of homemade pesto instead of the normal red sauce. It was delicious!