Spicy Jerusalem Artichokes-Canning
- Scrub artichokes and slice 1/4 inch thick.
- In a medium stainless or enamel saucepan bring vinegar, honey and turmeric to a slow boil.
- Fill each hot, sterile jar with 1 pepper, 1 clove garlic, 5 peppercorns and 1 bay leaf.
- divide the mustard seed evenly among the jars and add the artichokes.
- Fill each jar with the hot liquid and seal.
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- See altitude chart for altitudes higher than 1000 feet sea level.