Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe originally from Martin Yan.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken thigh, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 fresh red jalapeno chile, thinly sliced
- 1 green chili pepper (like serrano)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup rice wine
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf, divided
- Whisk together marinade ingredients, mix well than add the chicken pieces and stir to coat well. Marinade the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat till very hot. Then add the mint leaves, quickly cook the leaves till crisp, about 15-20 seconds. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Remove all the oil but leave 1 tablespoon in the pan and return pan to high heat. Add the marinaded chicken and the chilies to the pan.
- Cook the chicken until it is no longer pink in the center, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the wine and chili garlic sauce to the chicken and cook for 30 seconds.
- Then add the sesame oil and the remaining 1/4-cup fresh mint leaves. Toss quickly to coat.
- Remove pan from heat and serve.
- Garnish with the fried mint leaves.