Recipe by BurtonFanatic
Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay. Soak chickepeas overnight before making this recipe. It reduces the cook time. Time to make does not include chickpea cook time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried garbanzo beans, cooked until soft
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chickpeas, garlic, and tahini in the work bowl a food processor.
- Pulse until it becomes paste-like, adding a few tablespoons of water, if needed.
- Add the cayenne, cumin, and lemon juice, and pulse again until combined.
- With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified.
- Add the parsley and pulse until just combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer to a small bowl.