Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dairy-free hot cocoa mix with spices and a touch of pepper.
Make and share this Spicy Hot Cocoa Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Put all ingredients together in a jar or container and shake to mix. Once ingredients are mixed, use a sifter to blend and break down lumps. Store in jar or container.
- Add (to taste) to a hot cup of your favorite milk or milk substitute and enjoy!
- This recipe is not overly sweet, so if you like a sweeter cocoa be sure to add more sugar. The cayenne gives the drink a nice little kick!
My changes: I used brown sugar, doubled ALL of the spice measurements, and used the food processor to get the lumps out. I put it in a pretty jar with some cinnamon sticks and will give it to a vegan friend as part of her Christmas gift. My test cup was delicious! Seriously, add more spices though - the more kick it has, the more warming this drink is on a cold winter's night. :)
very yummy and seasonal (i had to omit the cayenne pepper as we did not have any)