Recipe by JeriBinNC
I found this on the internet somewhere years ago. I haven't made it in a while, but I remember that it was good. I'm guessing at the servings, basing it on 1/4 cup of mix per serving.
Top Review by kelly in TO
This was really really good. I made this into a spicy cocoa decaf latte and it was excellent, I look forward to making it again. For the vanilla I used the sugar free vanilla syrup from starbucks. Thanks so much for the recipe.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 3 cups powdered milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well in a large bowl, or run it through the blender or food processor (recommended).
- Test it by mixing a small amount with hot water, then adjust the cocoa, sugar, chili powder, or whatever to taste.
- If you can't find powdered vanilla, you could use vanilla milk mix (like chocolate milk mix), or even vanilla pudding. Just taste-test first, because the vanilla flavor won't be as concentrated in either of those as the actual powdered vanilla.
- Other than making hot cocoa, you can also add this to a cup of coffee for a spicy latte-type drink.