Spicy Hot Cocoa Mix
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Dairy-free hot cocoa mix with spices and a touch of pepper.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Put all ingredients together in a jar or container and shake to mix. Once ingredients are mixed, use a sifter to blend and break down lumps. Store in jar or container.
- Add (to taste) to a hot cup of your favorite milk or milk substitute and enjoy!
- This recipe is not overly sweet, so if you like a sweeter cocoa be sure to add more sugar. The cayenne gives the drink a nice little kick!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good and easy, and perfect on those cold winter days =) Not too sweet, and it was perfect with a marshmallow and sugar cane. I don't eat spicy foods, so it was too spicy for me, but my boyfriend who loves spicy said it was a good amount of kick in the drink. The only thing that didn't work for me was the serving amount. I made goody bags for Christmas, and each pack of spicy hot cocoa mix was 1 tbsp. I got ~6 servings for every 10 serving ingredient amount, so make extra!Reply
My changes: I used brown sugar, doubled ALL of the spice measurements, and used the food processor to get the lumps out. I put it in a pretty jar with some cinnamon sticks and will give it to a vegan friend as part of her Christmas gift. My test cup was delicious! Seriously, add more spices though - the more kick it has, the more warming this drink is on a cold winter's night. :)Reply