Spicy quail marinated in an Indonesian marinade with a hint of sweetness from the honey.
Make and share this Spicy Honey and Garlic Quail recipe from Food.com.
- Note: I make it this way for my family which still has a nice kick, if it is for a party or just me I use 1/4 cup sambal oelek as I like it really spicy so adjust amount for heat.
- Cut quail in half length ways. Combine all marinade ingredients in a storage container or large bowl marinate several hours or over night.
- Preheat oven to 190°C place quail on wire rack over baking dish, reserve marinade,.
- cook quail for approximately 25 minutes or until browned and crisp and cooked through, brush with marinade a couple of times during cooking.
- Can be made as a starter for 4 or a main course for 2. You can also double ingredients for 4, as a main.
- Serve over deep fried vermicelli noodles with stir fried vegetables.
- This is also a good marinade for chicken wings or drumsticks.