I do recommend wearing gloves. This is sweet & spicy so beware. This is great served over cream cheese.Try adding it to your favorite barbecue sauce for a little extra kick. Spread it on your sandwiches. I've added it to salsas. You can also make this with jalapenos and green bell pepper to get a milder jelly.As in the picture. Some recipes using the jelly!
- 1⁄2 lb red habanero peppers or 1⁄2 lb yellow habanero peppers or 1⁄2 lb orange habanero pepper, washed, drained, stems and seeds removed unless you want extra spicy
- 1⁄4 lb bell pepper, color your choice washed, drained, stems and seeds removed
- 2 cups cider vinegar, divided
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 ounces liquid pectin, 2 packets (I`ve made this Oct 2010 with 1 packette and jelled beautifully)
- yellow food coloring (optional) or orange food coloring (optional) or red food coloring (optional)
- Puree peppers and 1 cup vinegar in blender (be careful of your eyes HOT FUMES).
- Combine puree 1 cup vinegar and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin stirring while boiling hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from stove and skim foam.
- Stir in food coloring till eye appealing.
- Or skip if you like as is.
- Ladle hot jelly into clean hot jars,leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Adjust caps Process 10 minutes in boiling water canner.