Recipe by ellie_
These are wonderful if using thick loin chops - they cook really fast though on a charcoal grill. Recipe source: local newspaper.
Top Review by Tarteausucre
I can't rate this appropriately since I couldn't find juniper berries anywhere, so I used bay soaked in gin. It just didn't add any flavor. The lamb was great anyway you prepped it so not all was lost. I will have to attempt this again if I can find juniper berries. Thank you so much for posting. Made for ZWT 6
- 4 lamb chops (1 1/4-inch thick)
- 1 lime, juice of (only)
- 8 dried juniper berries
- 1 dried red chili
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse lamb chops and shake off excess water.
- Place lamb chops in a dish for marinating.
- Pour lime juice over chops.
- Using a mortar or spice grinder, grind all spices finely (juniper berries-pepper).
- Rub spice mixture over chops and let stand for at least 2 hours.
- Before grilling pour olive oil over chops and let stand 10 minutes.
- Grill on high heat for 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking is achieved.