Recipe by anidifrancofan
A great recipe that can be served with alot of different other sides
Top Review by pynthanama
I modified this based on what I had on hand~ used some already grilled lemon chicken breasts and substituted garlic pasta sauce for the tomato sauce. This bypassed a LOT of the cooking time since the pasta sauce was thicker already, and I only used about 1T of the corstarch. I used about 1T of fresh diced ginger and some liquid from the root that I pressed directly to the pan. End result was FANTASTICO! This is a wonderful recipe that will handle modifications based on what you have handy~ my favorite kind of recipe since I tend to ignore measuring cups anyway :-)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil (for cooking)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan combine tomato sauce,corn starch,ginger,pepper and garlic salt in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer and reduce heat and cook down until slightly thick.
- Cook chicken breasts in olive oil over medium high heat.
- After removing chicken add peppers and onions to pan.
- Sauté until caramelized.
- Add to ginger sauce.
- Serve over chicken breasts.