Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
This is a very tasty way to serve boneless fast fry pork chops and get a good serving of veggies at the same time.
- 250 g fettuccine
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 large carrot
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 4 centre cut fast fry pork chops, preferably boneless
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot chili-garlic sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the broccoli florets from the stalks; keep the stalks for another use.
- Cut the florets into small pieces.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel long, wide strips from the carrot.
- Prepare the pepper.
- Trim the fat from the pork and cut out any bones if there are any.
- Slice the meat into thin bite-sized strips.
- In a bowl, stir the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of the teriyaki sauce until dissolved.
- Stir in the remaining sauce and sesame oil, chili-garlic sauce and garlic.
- Lightly coat a large frying pan, preferably non-stick, with oil and set over medium-high heat.
- When hot, add the pork.
- Stir often until no pink remains, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir the teriyaki mixture, then pour inches.
- Add the broccoli, carrot and pepper.
- Pour in the water.
- Stir often until the vegetables are done as you like, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Add the pork mixture and toss to coat.